Be a Part of Something Meaningful.
Is there anything more rewarding than contributing to the health and well-being of others? At Preferred Meal Systems, we are making a daily impact in the lives of students, seniors, and travelers through highly nutritious meals that meet and exceed USDA guidelines. Through a high quality component meal system, we provide schools, airlines, health care providers and more with a well-balanced menu of fresh and frozen foods, while helping them minimize waste and maximize their dollars. We encourage you to consider a career with a company committed to something bigger than ourselves—the daily nutrition and health of others.
We reward our team members for their valuable contributions through competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits that include medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401(k), flex spending accounts, and an Employee Assistance Program—all in an environment that encourages personal and professional growth and rewards innovative thought. To be a part of something meaningful at Preferred, submit your resume online. Preferred Meal Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Regional Sales Director
Location: Berkeley, IL
Preferred Meal Systems is looking to hire a Regional Food Service Manager to oversee our Midest Region. As the Regional Food Service Manager you will be based in the Chicagoland area. Applicants MUST have National School Lunch Program experience to be considered.
Responsible for account development and sales operation activities for all accounts in the Midwest region of the country (excludes airlines & National accounts). All activities should be designed to continually improve the value of the each of our accounts..
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for client/account retention and expansion of current business in assigned sales regions.
- Works with Regional Vice President and Regional Director of Sales to reach potential new business and supports them with assistance in presentations and transitions
- Develops ways to increase sales in existing business through promotions, participation, service, presentation, and additional programs
- Works with clients to achieve maximum participation and profitability
- Participates with Marketing to support development of new products through field testing new products and assists in implementing promotions designed to increase participation
- Cooperates with Menu Team to maximize menu acceptability
- Participates in determining pricing and responsible for sending annual contract renewals
- Works with Finance team to determine annual budgets
- Responsible for bid proposals for re-bidding accounts
- Presents annually to School Boards or Administration at top accounts in the region
- Performs other activities that contribute to the long term development of the business
- Responsible for all operations activities within assigned region.
- Reviews and analyzes monthly P&L reports and region expense
- Directly oversees and supports daily activities of our District Mangers in each sales area
- In Managed Accounts, works with the District Manager to control costs and labor
- Oversees supervision of Account Managers including hiring, disciplinary actions, time and attendance, training and orientation, accident and incident investigation
- Implements national processes and procedures in the region, such as but not limited to:
- Training procedures
- Visitation reporting
- Updated field handbooks and materials
- Sales presentations
- Coordinates training and new account openings in their region
- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance of CRM customer profiles and equipment riders
- Coordinates with the Plants, Distribution, and Customer Service to ensure customer satisfaction
- Identifies and develops human capital needs within area of responsibility
- Establishes and maintains relations with State Departments of Nutrition
- Provides assistance to clients with the National School Breakfast, Lunch and After School Snack and other federally funded food programs, including donated commodities
- Attends workshops and conferences related to the National School Lunch Program to ensure compliance with regulations
- Communication and Influence: Requires verbal and written communication skills to convey information that may be somewhat complex, and/or to others who may have limited knowledge of the subject in question. Role may require basic negotiation and influence, cooperation, tact, and diplomacy, etc.
- Analytical: The ability to systematically gather information from a variety of sources, analyze the information, identify implications of data, draw appropriate conclusions, generate viable, alternative solutions to a question or problem, and evaluate the consequences of choosing each alternative.
- Customer Focus: The ability to provide excellent service to external and internal customers. This includes seeking to meet customer needs and demands quickly and effectively; remaining calm and professional when dealing with internal or external customers that are difficult or upset; reviewing complaints from internal/external customers and takes action to remedy the complaint; and treating the customer as if he/she were valuable.
- Dependability: The ability and willingness to demonstrate eagerness, enthusiasm, optimism, and passion when working. This includes ability to be self-motivated, demonstrating persistence, heightening personal effort in the face of obstacles and adversity; pursuing excellence for self and organization; having a sense of urgency; and possessing ambition.
- Professionalism: The ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, positive working relationships with supervisors, staff, managers, customers, and vendors. This includes being approachable and taking time to address employees’ personal and professional needs, as well as client and customer concerns; and treating others with respect and dignity.
- Integrity: The ability and willingness to uphold ethical standards and comply with all state and federal laws and company policies and procedures. This includes fulfilling commitments; accepting constructive criticism; accepting responsibility for own performance, as well as that of the group; not accepting credit for the efforts or work of others; and avoiding conflict of interest situations.
- Computer competency, including Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- 50% Travel
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant technical or business field preferred
- Five (5) or more years of experience in the school food industry
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer