Our dedication to wholesome meals is our guarantee. A close partnership with the school district, parents and students is our goal.Our program offers many healthy options such as:
- Whole grain breads and pastas
- Whole grain pizzas
- Whole grain brown rice
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Organic fruits and vegetables
Trans-Fat Free Means Even Healthier Options
Making smart choices when it comes to food is important to maintaining a healthy lifestyle, which is why Preferred Meal Systems is pleased to offer complete menus with zero grams of trans-fat. For all of our clients, this means safer options for the meals that will be consumed. Trans-fat has been shown to increase the risk of heart disease, which can occur even earlier in children who eat foods that are high in trans-fat. With Preferred Meal Systemsí programs you can help lower cholesterol and enforce healthier living while maintaining tasty meal options.
In addition to eliminating trans-fat, we are working to reduce sodium and eliminate High Fructose Corn Syrup in all of our meals.
Preferred Meal Systems is committed to providing the communities we serve with more Earth friendly products in order to help sustain our environment for future generations. At Preferred, we believe we have the opportunity and responsibility to make this World a better place by the products we serve. Some of our Earth friendly and sustainable products include:
- 30% post consumer recycled Preferred Word newsletters and printed tray liners
- All Styrofoam products have been replaced with biodegradable fiberboard products
- We have replaced all traditional plastic serve ware with biodegradable spork packets
- We offer locally grown vegetables and fruits and work with school districts participating in the Farm to School program
- We offer fresh baked bread and rolls that are delivered by local bakeries
- We work with our customers to get involved in local recycling programs for their waste